FL Exhaust doesn't burble on overrun or downshift?

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
gotbass
New User
New User

FL Exhaust doesn't burble on overrun or downshift?

Post by gotbass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi everyone,

so just upgraded my pfl for a fl.

First thing i notice was the lack of exhaust drama, only the gunshot on up shifts when my foot is down.

No burbles or popping from overrun or downshifts - im pretty sure the exhaust button does nothing.

Anyone experienced this before?

Thanks
0 x

Marrow
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Re: FL Exhaust doesn't burble on overrun or downshift?

Post by Marrow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm

Oh that would annoy me I love the childish noises my pfl makes !
1 x

Vulgarian
New User
New User

Post by Vulgarian » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm

gotbass wrote:Hi everyone,

First thing i notice was the lack of exhaust drama, only the gunshot on up shifts when my foot is down.

No burbles or popping from overrun or downshifts - im pretty sure the exhaust button does nothing.

Thanks
I also upgraded from the pfl and posted the exact same post on here when I did, it’s really annoying isn’t it but it definitely makes less noise on the fl!

I removed the resonator and it adds a little bit extra noise but not much (might even all be in my head seen as the resonator was so small anyway)
0 x

Kingpin
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by Kingpin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am

I have a FL with standard exhaust no button.
There is just a "gunshot" on gear change up in sport/sport+
I also have RACE mode and in that mode you do get the lift-off pops and crackles etc but only in that mode. But you would only really want to use that on a track or if you're on a very quick sprint somewhere with no traffic to hold you up because it just wants to rev it's nuts off all the time!
0 x

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:24 pm

Marrow wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 pm
Oh that would annoy me I love the childish noises my pfl makes !
Yeah tell me about it, everything is amazing apart from this. But I have read people have had louder FL and it’s the same exhaust etc?
0 x

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 pm

Vulgarian wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:23 pm
gotbass wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks
I also upgraded from the pfl and posted the exact same post on here when I did, it’s really annoying isn’t it but it definitely makes less noise on the fl!

I removed the resonator and it adds a little bit extra noise but not much (might even all be in my head seen as the resonator was so small anyway)
Is there sound deadening? I am going to talk to dealer because it’s night and day difference. I only get the upshift noise.

How was res delete with warranty?

It seems like it’s an ECU thing? No pop and bang map...
0 x

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Kingpin wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:38 am
I have a FL with standard exhaust no button.
There is just a "gunshot" on gear change up in sport/sport+
I also have RACE mode and in that mode you do get the lift-off pops and crackles etc but only in that mode. But you would only really want to use that on a track or if you're on a very quick sprint somewhere with no traffic to hold you up because it just wants to rev it's nuts off all the time!
I also have race mode - no burbling still...

Could the valve be constantly closed?

There’s no difference between all the modes...
0 x

A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by 137699 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Does your FL have the performance exhaust option? If so then you'll have an exhaust button on the dash. Press this (so it lights up) and the pops & burbles will ensue.
If you don't have the performance exhaust then kiss goodbye to that sound I'm afraid....
0 x
2017 Cavansite Blue, Premium Pack, Aero Pack, Night Pack, Storage Pack, Performance Exhaust, Selective Damping, full Dinamica Steering Wheel. STANDARD SEATS!

J9NAC
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by J9NAC » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:44 pm

I have the fl with performance exhaust and it pops and bangs on upshifts as well as let off in sport+ as well as race. Seems to do it more and louder with the tuning box on as well.

I have the exhaust button too but I thought all that did was add sound to the cabin as doesn't pop and bang with it on in comfort. It just sounds louder inside.
0 x
CLA45 Shooting brake in Polar Silver finally collected!

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:54 pm

137699 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:37 pm
Does your FL have the performance exhaust option? If so then you'll have an exhaust button on the dash. Press this (so it lights up) and the pops & burbles will ensue.
If you don't have the performance exhaust then kiss goodbye to that sound I'm afraid....
That button is just for cabin noise.

And yes it’s a perf. Exhaust.
0 x