New User

Re: Remap or na?

Post by Hezza81 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:16 am

Vulgarian wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:24 am
Hezza81 wrote:
Vulgarian wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:38 pm
I had mine done with GAD tuning north and it’s well worth it, and I previously had a tricolore tuning box
What stage you running pal?
Stage 1 for me or stage 1.5 seen as I have an air intake too. Not really seen the need for stage 2 because the gains over stage 1 aren’t really worth the extra money and mot problems in my opinion.
Thanks
I think im leaning towards stage 1 too tbh 👍🏼
0 x

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:40 am

I’m also leaning towards stage 1. DP does complicate things and to have to worry about that every year is a bit much.
0 x

Marrow
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by Marrow » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 am

Hezza81 wrote:What did this cost you mate? Did they dyno it within your price?
Ring DMS they are not cheap but will negotiate. I didn’t go with RR as I am up north so they came to me.

They have been back a couple of times since as I had issues with the car (not the maps fault) and have been brilliant can’t recommend them highly enough tbh. I have mapped lots of cars and they are by far the best company I have used all be it the most expensive too lol
0 x

Hezza81
New User
New User

Post by Hezza81 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Marrow wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 am
Ring DMS they are not cheap but will negotiate. I didn’t go with RR as I am up north so they came to me.

They have been back a couple of times since as I had issues with the car (not the maps fault) and have been brilliant can’t recommend them highly enough tbh. I have mapped lots of cars and they are by far the best company I have used all be it the most expensive too lol
Lol
Roughly whats the cost of there stage 1?
Did they do a dyno?
0 x

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Marrow wrote:

So they’ve not put your car on the rolling road? You have a generic map on your car? then?
0 x

Marrow
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by Marrow » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:41 pm

gotbass wrote:
Marrow wrote:

So they’ve not put your car on the rolling road? You have a generic map on your car? then?
Yup same as most on here
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 pm

I went to DMS & they ran the car on the RR beforehand to get the readings before applying the map by opening the ECU & running it on the RR after. No additional mods & it’s quick enough as my major modded car is the Mini

0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:33 am

MAFFA wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 pm
I went to DMS & they ran the car on the RR beforehand to get the readings before applying the map by opening the ECU & running it on the RR after. No additional mods & it’s quick enough as my major modded car is the Mini

Can I ask if they tweaked it at all after rolling your car? Or just kept the generic map?

Sorry for all the questions, hopefully others find this as useful as I do.

Thanks!
0 x

Marrow
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by Marrow » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:15 am

Unless they find and issue I wouldn’t think the map is changed or tweaked the rr is more for measure gains
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:54 pm

gotbass wrote:
MAFFA wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:41 pm

Can I ask if they tweaked it at all after rolling your car? Or just kept the generic map?

Sorry for all the questions, hopefully others find this as useful as I do.

Thanks!
No they checked afr’s etc... on the rollers to ensure everything was in check but that’s all. If they found anything odd I’m sure they’d have tinkered again
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass