I need your votes!

Non A-45 related topics, have a look here
Jakemico
New User
New User

Re: I need your votes!

Post by Jakemico » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:28 pm

And mine didn’t even get in the top 20! Shocked when looking at some of the others

Wait, I don’t even know if it was in the running
0 x
2016 FL AMG A45. Subtle.

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Jakemico wrote:And mine didn’t even get in the top 20! Shocked when looking at some of the others Image

Wait, I don’t even know if it was in the running
Yeah surely yours should have made that list Image
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

dorsetred
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by dorsetred » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:07 am

Hi Matt, thanks for the update it's always interesting to see how people have upgraded Minis, I think new drivers should have to experience the old type and learn about changing sub-frames, ball joints etc., soon become familiar with how a car actually works rather than never lifting the bonnet "as a mechanic does that when it goes in for service" :lol: 8-)
0 x
MY16 GLA45 AMG 4MATIC PREMIUM
Previous - MY15 BMW 218d Active Tourer, MY13 BMW 118d Coupe, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

DTGB1977
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by DTGB1977 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:02 pm

Nice one Maffa ImageImage🥇ImageImage
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:36 pm

dorsetred wrote:Hi Matt, thanks for the update it's always interesting to see how people have upgraded Minis, I think new drivers should have to experience the old type and learn about changing sub-frames, ball joints etc., soon become familiar with how a car actually works rather than never lifting the bonnet "as a mechanic does that when it goes in for service" :lol: 8-)
Funny you should say that as my very first car was a 1979 Mini 850. Had an MG Metro 1300 engine in it & straight pipes obviously Image
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:37 pm

DTGB1977 wrote:Nice one Maffa ImageImage🥇ImageImage
Cheers buddy Image
0 x

smokey
New User
New User

Post by smokey » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:37 pm

Love the idea of your Mini being named after Triggers broom.

Trigger: And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.
Sid: How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?
Trigger: There's the picture. What more proof do you need?

So six engines down, how many tyres, brake pads, oil changes and all the rest it must have to keep it on the track.

P.S. Obviously to late to vote (although I did check just in case).
0 x
2015 AMG A45, Northern Lights Violet, 19" AMG Alloy Wheels, AMG Exclusive Pack, AMG Memory Pack, COMAND NTG4.7, Panoramic Sliding Sunroof, Privacy Glass, AUTOWATCH Ghost.

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:29 am

smokey wrote:Love the idea of your Mini being named after Triggers broom.

Trigger: And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time.
Sid: How the hell can it be the same bloody broom then?
Trigger: There's the picture. What more proof do you need?

So six engines down, how many tyres, brake pads, oil changes and all the rest it must have to keep it on the track.

P.S. Obviously to late to vote (although I did check just in case).
ImageImageImage

Well the road tyres (Asymmetric 2’s) probably did 300 miles last year Image. The car did a total of 800 miles in the year according to my recent MOT Image

That will be Silverstone & Goodwood twice then! Image

The tyres I run on track are the medium compound NS2-R and they’re still going strong after 4 or 5 track days. Maybe 1 or 2 (max) left in them.

Pads are Carbotech XP8’s & they have zero fade and are extremely hard wearing. I get through a set of OEM rears each track day. Well not completely but I replace them as a matter of course.

You’ve got to remember that the front brakes are massive 8 pots in a car weighing around 1000-1100kg so not a lot of mass to stop Image. Same theory goes for the tyres
0 x