Phone crash

Talk about In Car Entertainment, SATNAV and Security Issues!
MalcolmSu
New User
New User

Phone crash

Post by MalcolmSu » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Everytime I connect my mobile phone (Sony + android) to a USB cable in the centre console it crashes. I've tried it in both USB ports and with different cables. The cables also work fine with the phone when used in the house.

Anyone any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
0 x

dorsetred
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Re: Phone crash

Post by dorsetred » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:32 am

MalcolmSu wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:25 pm
Everytime I connect my mobile phone (Sony + android) to a USB cable in the centre console it crashes. I've tried it in both USB ports and with different cables. The cables also work fine with the phone when used in the house.

Anyone any ideas? Anyone else experience this?
Hi Mal

Not suffered with problems at all with our phones but I'm wandering if the car software needs updating for your mobile, I'm still on my previous forum with BMW and it's a constant topic on there, hopefully someone on here will have a better idea.

As a side issue I've got my Z3 Compact as a spare but despite only being a couple of years old there's never any further system updates and trying to find a protective back cover in Bahrain I've given up and ordered another one through eBay!

Allan - dorsetred
0 x
MY16 GLA45 AMG 4MATIC PREMIUM
Previous - MY15 BMW 218d Active Tourer, MY13 BMW 118d Coupe, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.