Questions on the Interior post here
MozeyPanda
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Re: Dash Cam - OBD Connection

Post by MozeyPanda » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am

MAFFA wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:42 pm
k_anderson90 wrote:I prefer them discreet, its pretty dark in the cabin anyway shouldn't be that noticeable unless you know its there, i can also turn all the LED's off on the camera which is handy.
The screen should have a screensaver mode that blacks it out as driving with the screen showing is also illegal. Noticed there’s a lot of people that don’t realise this
Indeed however on some nextbases like the 512 and others, you can enable a GPS based speedometer which helps. If it's on the front passenger side, it's out of the way so not visible.
0 x

k_anderson90
New User
New User

Post by k_anderson90 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 am

MozeyPanda wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am
MAFFA wrote:
k_anderson90 wrote:I prefer them discreet, its pretty dark in the cabin anyway shouldn't be that noticeable unless you know its there, i can also turn all the LED's off on the camera which is handy.
The screen should have a screensaver mode that blacks it out as driving with the screen showing is also illegal. Noticed there’s a lot of people that don’t realise this
Indeed however on some nextbases like the 512 and others, you can enable a GPS based speedometer which helps. If it's on the front passenger side, it's out of the way so not visible.
Iv got the BlackVue cameras so no screen on them thankfully, all done with Wifi if i want to see anything from the camera.

Anyways's its getting a bit carried away on a different topic, anyone used them with the OBD port?
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:26 pm

k_anderson90 wrote:
MozeyPanda wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:18 am
MAFFA wrote:
Iv got the BlackVue cameras so no screen on them thankfully, all done with Wifi if i want to see anything from the camera.

Anyways's its getting a bit carried away on a different topic, anyone used them with the OBD port?
No sorry. Only seen hard wired ones to the fuse box
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass