Facebook Page is growing!

Contacts and Suggestions, post here
MozeyPanda
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Re: Facebook Page is growing!

Post by MozeyPanda » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:00 pm

MAFFA wrote:This is a good point but when you look at this group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/A45AMG/) it has 12,792 members so we're a little way off concerns when compared to them.

Maybe we should be more vigilant with regards to sharing pictures etc... or put a disclaimer in there to that effect?
Set rules/disclaimer of what peeeps shouldn't do like using location tagging of photos to keep them safe.
0 x

RS6BRIT
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by RS6BRIT » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:33 pm

It was a chance conversation with a member of the security services that made me think about it. He said that when suspected members of terror organisations are looked into they have to trawl through everything. This means that if they are members of 300 groups the security services have to look at all of them to see if there is any possible brainwashing, recruiting, or planning going on. This stretches them and makes it more likely that they'll be busy chasing nothing whilst things are planned. It just made me think, that why is it that so many people who are clearly not interested in cars, let alone the A45 applying to join our little club. I think that (for me anyway) it's enough to just start denying anyone who doesn't at least have a picture of a fast car on show in what I can see when vetting.

Sent from my SM-N910F using New Forum mobile app
0 x

MozeyPanda
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by MozeyPanda » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:19 am

RS6BRIT wrote:It was a chance conversation with a member of the security services that made me think about it. He said that when suspected members of terror organisations are looked into they have to trawl through everything. This means that if they are members of 300 groups the security services have to look at all of them to see if there is any possible brainwashing, recruiting, or planning going on. This stretches them and makes it more likely that they'll be busy chasing nothing whilst things are planned. It just made me think, that why is it that so many people who are clearly not interested in cars, let alone the A45 applying to join our little club. I think that (for me anyway) it's enough to just start denying anyone who doesn't at least have a picture of a fast car on show in what I can see when vetting.

Great point, Matt, I am on you with the above and if we come up with rules then I am happy to help enforce and vet because I do it day to day. I might be a bit too harsh/strict lol but that's what happens when you have worked for Austrians. I think those joining with no genuine interest are doing it for surveying purposes to identify the cars and owners.
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Right if this is the route we're taking how do we enforce it? I.e. How do we identify the owners/those with genuine interest? We can hardly ask for a copy of their V5! I also as previously mentioned don't want to get rid of people with a genuine interest.

Perhaps I should post up that I will be reviewing members to see if they own an A45 or if they have a genuine passion for cars etc... Also maybe put a disclaimer that if I remove someone by mistake that they can request to join again.

Perhaps put some rules for joining?

Sent from my iPad using A45Club
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

RS6BRIT
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by RS6BRIT » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 am

I'm totally with you Matt. I don't want to alienate people either, but do we genuinely believe that what's his face from the arse end of nowhere, who's Facebook account (from the little we can see) has no interest in cars, but has joined 300 groups is really interested in the A45 ?

As you say, perhaps some rules, and a post saying that all future members will be reviewed, and that if no evidence is shown of a genuine interest in cars, motorsport, or ownership (either current or future) then they'll be denied membership. As you say, a disclaimer saying that if someone is excluded unjustly then they can reapply showing proof of the above.

Sounds harsh on paper but it's a shitty world at the moment and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

1 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:20 am

RS6BRIT wrote:I'm totally with you Matt. I don't want to alienate people either, but do we genuinely believe that what's his face from the arse end of nowhere, who's Facebook account (from the little we can see) has no interest in cars, but has joined 300 groups is really interested in the A45 ?

As you say, perhaps some rules, and a post saying that all future members will be reviewed, and that if no evidence is shown of a genuine interest in cars, motorsport, or ownership (either current or future) then they'll be denied membership. As you say, a disclaimer saying that if someone is excluded unjustly then they can reapply showing proof of the above.

Sounds harsh on paper but it's a shitty world at the moment and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

That's a fair shout & I think we can whittle out those that you say. There are going to be quite a few we aren't going to know & we'll just have to suck it up for now unless, like you say, they show zero interest.

I'm not sure on wording but i'll see if I can put something together & then we'll cleanse it :)
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

RS6BRIT
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by RS6BRIT » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:51 am

Good man. Image

0 x

withers_911
New User
New User

Post by withers_911 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:20 pm

So, is it fair to point out to someone who posts on the page, either here or more specifically Facebook, with a pic of their car and it's clearly not an A45, that this is the A45 owners club, and not the A180/200 etc owners page?
I'm trying not to be snobby, but I don't want to have to sift through the posts asking advice (or worse, receiving advice) off owners of a diesel AMG-line A220.

Sent from my iPhone using A45Club
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:37 pm

withers_911 wrote:So, is it fair to point out to someone who posts on the page, either here or more specifically Facebook, with a pic of their car and it's clearly not an A45, that this is the A45 owners club, and not the A180/200 etc owners page?
I'm trying not to be snobby, but I don't want to have to sift through the posts asking advice (or worse, receiving advice) off owners of a diesel AMG-line A220. Image

Sent from my iPhone using A45Club
That's a fair point but I think there are from what I can see only a couple of those. And who's to say they haven't joined for inspiration on an upgrade?

At least they have a Mercedes & are showing an interest.

Now we could sift out quite a few but are we saying that we want it to be 'exclusively' A45 owners? I'm not entirely sure we should go that far.

From what I'm reading here the main focus is safety & security by removing those that show zero interest & may have ulterior motives. This we can do Image

Sent from my iPad using New Forum mobile app
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Sent from my iPad using New Forum mobile app
0 x