On the lookout for a FL A45

Noobie? Introduce yourself here!
nofitstate
New User
New User

On the lookout for a FL A45

Post by nofitstate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:48 am

Hi. After 4 good years with my current car a BMW Z4MC I've decided to make the change to something completely different and get myself a FL A45 AMG.

Hopefully my current car will sell shortly, as I have a buyer lined up who is currently in the process of selling his Z4MC to buy my one.

So if you're thinking about selling yours soon, let me know. Spec I'm interested in is red, blue, green or white in colour. Full leather seats, Aero pack, sports exhaust, selective damping, race mode, Harmon Kardon sound system and panoramic roof.

Also is there anything to look out for in the FL version? Where there anymore changes going forward when the first ones came out in 2015?

Thanks,

Michael.
Last edited by nofitstate on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

dorsetred
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Re: On the lookout for a FL A45

Post by dorsetred » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:59 am

Welcome to the club MIchael, there's quite a few including me who left BMW to come across to AMG.

dorsetred - Allan
0 x
MY18 AMG GLA45 4MATIC
Previous - MY16 GLA45 AMG, MY15 BMW 218d Active Tourer, MY13 BMW 118d Coupe, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

k44ent
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by k44ent » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 am

The only thing I’d be looking out for is the gear box issue which seems to plague some cars. Any car you look at make sure you start it from cold (stood overnight) and select reverse. If it crunches it probably needs a new box. I left Merc and went back to BMW, both have good and bad points
0 x
2018 - M2 DCT

nofitstate
New User
New User

Post by nofitstate » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 am

k44ent wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:04 am
The only thing I’d be looking out for is the gear box issue which seems to plague some cars. Any car you look at make sure you start it from cold (stood overnight) and select reverse. If it crunches it probably needs a new box. I left Merc and went back to BMW, both have good and bad points

Thanks for the info 👍 I've just read about the problems you had and will definitely be looking out for that.
0 x

nofitstate
New User
New User

Post by nofitstate » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:56 pm

I’ve just got back from test driving one at the local Mercedes dealership. Though it wasn’t quite the right spec for me and they couldn’t convince to me spend £6k :shock: over budget on one that was, I learnt two things from the visit. 1, they are really great cars and 2, they do look great in white. So you’ll definitely see me in one soon.
0 x

CrAzY
Site Guru
Site Guru

Post by CrAzY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Welcome to the club and I look forward to seeing some photos in the near future
0 x
CrAzY

A45 AMG 2016 ¦ Cirrus White ¦ Selective Damping ¦ Command Online ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ Premium Pack ¦ Full Dinamica ¦ AMG Night Package ¦ AMG Performance Exhaust

C.RIGGERS
New User
New User

Post by C.RIGGERS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:19 pm

nofitstate wrote:Hi. After 4 good years with my current car a BMW Z4MC I've decided to make the change to something completely different and get myself a FL A45 AMG.

Hopefully my current car will sell shortly, as I have a buyer lined up who is currently in the process of selling his Z4MC to buy my one.

So if you're thinking about selling yours soon, let me know. Spec I'm interested in is red, blue, green or maybe white or dark grey in colour. Full leather seats, Aero pack, sports exhaust, selective damping, race mode, Harmon Kardon sound system and panoramic roof.

Also is there anything to look out for in the FL version? Where there anymore changes going forward when the first ones came out in 2015?

Thanks,

Michael.
Hi Michael,

My 2016 A45 will be going up for sale very soon due to me getting a company car, it’s been the best car I’ve ever owned and will be a really sad day when it departs my garage.

Spec
Mountain Grey
Premium Plus Pack
Black Pack
Full Leather
Pan Roof
27,500 Miles
Registered in June 2016

It has basically every single option on the car apart from the dynamic pack and the adaptive damping.

Let me know if your interested. The car will be going up for sale on Autotrader soon.

0 x

Aero1971
New User
New User

Post by Aero1971 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi Michael,

I've dropped you a PM; I have a face lift 2016 A45 in red with all but one of the options ticked, plus a few extra options not on your list.

The car has just 21.5k on the clock and I'm the second owner from new and it's finished in red with the full black, memory and heated leather seats, with both the full aero and night options, the car also has FMBSH from new.

Best,

Aero
0 x

nofitstate
New User
New User

Post by nofitstate » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:14 pm

So I took a deposit on my Z4MC on Saturday and it's being picked up this weekend. So get in touch if you're car is going up for sale and matches the spec I'm after.
0 x