Milltek non-resonated valved cat-back

Performance Upgrades, Mods, Projects, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
MAFFA

Milltek non-resonated valved cat-back

Post by MAFFA » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:57 pm

I have a Milltek on my Mini & the quality & fit is second to none. Now a mate of mine can get me a Milltek cat-back brand new for VERY good money but I'm a little unsure for a couple of reasons:

1) non-res versus res? I want the sound & performance benefits but don't want drone!
2) Valves - The Milltek has one valve & on my pre fl I'm not sure how that would work as I don't have the LOUD button in my car. I like the idea of the Armytrix with the remote control but that's a £3k system.

Anyone had any experience of the Milltek for the A45 & got any advice?

I'm going to ask in MB after my holiday as I can't see a cat-back system invalidating a warranty but figure I should get that clarified Image

Sent from my iPad using the official A45club app A45club by Tapatalk
https://appsto.re/gb/Sp6bhb.i
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

Gypsyhew
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Re: Milltek non-resonated valved cat-back

Post by Gypsyhew » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Would it still work under the same setting as the standard performance exhaust I.e comfort would be quiet then sport and manual would be the valve open? Would you consider the remus system? Is quite a tempting option and 2k cheaper than armytrix.
0 x
Pre FL cosmos black, Performance exhaust, Resonator delete, Performance pack, Performance suspension, Debadged.

Gypsyhew
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by Gypsyhew » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:20 pm

0 x
Pre FL cosmos black, Performance exhaust, Resonator delete, Performance pack, Performance suspension, Debadged.

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:10 am

Gypsyhew wrote:Does sound good. https://youtu.be/70E3NYyjTws
I've watched that a few times Image

Thing is I can get a Milltek at mates rates for £400 less than the Remus Image.

I just can't find any sound clips or info on fitting, how the valves work etc...

0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

Gypsyhew
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by Gypsyhew » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:19 am

Ooooo that is tempting, milltek do seem to make really good products so I'm sure it would sound amazing. I'm interested to hear if it interferes with warranty
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Gypsyhew wrote:Ooooo that is tempting, milltek do seem to make really good products so I'm sure it would sound amazing. I'm interested to hear if it interferes with warranty
In my previous experience as long as its cat-back you're normally okay. If you start messing with the cat then you're in trouble. Things may have changed since though but surely it's the equivalent of bolting on an AMG performance exhaust

Sent from my iPhone using the official A45club app https://appsto.re/gb/Sp6bhb.i
0 x

RS6BRIT
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Post by RS6BRIT » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:35 pm

A valved Miltek will work exactly the same as the stock system. The stock system also only has one valve. From what I can tell, when the car is in comfort all the exhaust is sent through the left (as you look from the rear) tail pipe, this is silenced using a perforated pipe through the rear box. when you select sport or manual the right hand valve opens AS WELL as the left (the left pipe has no valve so cant be shut) and this right hand pipe goes through the silencer but is a solid pipe so has no sound deadening perforations. Id say that the Remus and the Miltek work in exactly the same way, but with less sound deadening on the left pipe, thus giving more sound in both modes.
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:53 pm

RS6BRIT wrote:A valved Miltek will work exactly the same as the stock system. The stock system also only has one valve. From what I can tell, when the car is in comfort all the exhaust is sent through the left (as you look from the rear) tail pipe, this is silenced using a perforated pipe through the rear box. when you select sport or manual the right hand valve opens AS WELL as the left (the left pipe has no valve so cant be shut) and this right hand pipe goes through the silencer but is a solid pipe so has no sound deadening perforations. Id say that the Remus and the Miltek work in exactly the same way, but with less sound deadening on the left pipe, thus giving more sound in both modes.
Cheers for the feedback Matt. This is what I figured. Which is why I'm not sure if I want to go that route. I may hold off until I can afford an Armytrix or similar as you can have 2 valves on remote.

0 x

Davey Dee
New User
New User

Post by Davey Dee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Did you find out for definate if a cat back system is fine for the warranty??
0 x
2017 AMG premium;Mountain Grey;Aero kit;Night pack;Sports Exhaust;Exclusive pack;Dynamic plus;Ride control.

gotbass
New User
New User

Post by gotbass » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:08 am

Davey Dee wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 pm
Did you find out for definate if a cat back system is fine for the warranty??
I would also find this useful to know?
0 x