Gearbox temperatures

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
greenbeast_45amg
New User
New User

Gearbox temperatures

Post by greenbeast_45amg » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:26 pm

Hello,I want to ask about your cars gearbox temperatures(FL model).Mine one in open road with speed 70-80km/h it has 85-90°C.In the town and specially in heavy traffic sometimes it goes 100-103..Is normal?Also when is in S+ mode in traffic and the temperature is goes up I put comfort and goes down.
0 x

Vulgarian
New User
New User

Re: Gearbox temperatures

Post by Vulgarian » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:52 am

greenbeast_45amg wrote:Hello,I want to ask about your cars gearbox temperatures(FL model).Mine one in open road with speed 70-80km/h it has 85-90°C.In the town and specially in heavy traffic sometimes it goes 100-103..Is normal?Also when is in S+ mode in traffic and the temperature is goes up I put comfort and goes down.
This is normal especially in sport plus mode, if I’m heavy traffic I usually drop it to at least sport mode and maybe comfort
0 x

greenbeast_45amg
New User
New User

Post by greenbeast_45amg » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:00 am

So there is difference between gearbox temperatures of the Pre FL and FL model,right?,because the Pre FL the temperature is going maximum 85-90.
Vulgarian wrote:
greenbeast_45amg wrote:Hello,I want to ask about your cars gearbox temperatures(FL model).Mine one in open road with speed 70-80km/h it has 85-90°C.In the town and specially in heavy traffic sometimes it goes 100-103..Is normal?Also when is in S+ mode in traffic and the temperature is goes up I put comfort and goes down.
This is normal especially in sport plus mode, if I’m heavy traffic I usually drop it to at least sport mode and maybe comfort
Sent from my LYA-L29 using A45Club mobile app

0 x

Vulgarian
New User
New User

Post by Vulgarian » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 pm

greenbeast_45amg wrote:So there is difference between gearbox temperatures of the Pre FL and FL model,right?,because the Pre FL the temperature is going maximum 85-90.
Vulgarian wrote:
Sent from my LYA-L29 using A45Club mobile app
I think it’s just because the facelift has a sport plus mode which increases the idle revvs of the car so if you’re sat in traffic at higher revvs then it’s going to get hotter?
0 x