How many brake pad sensors?

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
MAFFA

Re: How many brake pad sensors?

Post by MAFFA » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:06 pm

If you get updated pads sometimes they don’t come with a hole for the sensor. I just drilled one to fit
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

Alex_CLA45
New User
New User

Post by Alex_CLA45 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:40 pm

Thepenl wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 pm
There is only one pad cable sensor at the front right corner and will give you a warning light at the dash for the front brakes.
No sensor at the rear, so beware to check your pads visually!
I went for a track day in brands hatch and found this in a bad way, after 3 tanks down and feeling my neck sore, the front left pad was gone and the disk started being groves imprinted on them. Merc dealership told me it is just on one of the sides, so I used all the brake pad in one side but not on the other (track is mostly heavy right turn braking) and it cost me £900 to replace both front disks and brake pads, I got shafted but I had to use the car a couple of days later for work...
0 x
CLA45 2016 FL

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:09 pm

Alex_CLA45 wrote:
Thepenl wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:49 pm
There is only one pad cable sensor at the front right corner and will give you a warning light at the dash for the front brakes.
No sensor at the rear, so beware to check your pads visually!
I went for a track day in brands hatch and found this in a bad way, after 3 tanks down and feeling my neck sore, the front left pad was gone and the disk started being groves imprinted on them. Merc dealership told me it is just on one of the sides, so I used all the brake pad in one side but not on the other (track is mostly heavy right turn braking) and it cost me £900 to replace both front disks and brake pads, I got shafted but I had to use the car a couple of days later for work...
Ouch!!!
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass