Sports Handling Mode?

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
10SecondCar
New User
New User

Sports Handling Mode?

Post by 10SecondCar » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 am

So I just found out that the car has a sports handling mode. It seems it is activated by pressing the ESP button once, does anyone know what the actual differences are in this mode, I have read online saying up to 50% of the torque can be delivered to the rear wheels. Should this be on when I use launch control?

Does anyone use this on the street, and is it actually helpful? I have just had a quick play with it and can not say I noticed any difference lol
0 x

MAFFA

Re: Sports Handling Mode?

Post by MAFFA » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 am

10SecondCar wrote:So I just found out that the car has a sports handling mode. It seems it is activated by pressing the ESP button once, does anyone know what the actual differences are in this mode, I have read online saying up to 50% of the torque can be delivered to the rear wheels. Should this be on when I use launch control?

Does anyone use this on the street, and is it actually helpful? I have just had a quick play with it and can not say I noticed any difference lol
You have to press & hold that button to engage it & you can’t use launch without it Image
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

10SecondCar
New User
New User

Post by 10SecondCar » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:44 am

MAFFA wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 am
10SecondCar wrote:So I just found out that the car has a sports handling mode. It seems it is activated by pressing the ESP button once, does anyone know what the actual differences are in this mode, I have read online saying up to 50% of the torque can be delivered to the rear wheels. Should this be on when I use launch control?

You have to press & hold that button to engage it & you can’t use launch without it Image

My facelift car uses launch control with out it?
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:33 pm

10SecondCar wrote:
MAFFA wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:48 am

My facelift car uses launch control with out it?
You know you’re right. Just looked up the conditions for activation between PFL & FL

PFL

FL
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

Aldo
New User
New User

Post by Aldo » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:00 am

Someone correct me if I am wrong but if I remember it right, in the sports mode it both reduces the intervention of traction control and also engages torque vectoring to help the car corner faster.

If I am pushing the car I have it on and it does make a difference.

Cruise control will however not activate in this mode.

I am thinking it also reduces the intervention of abs but I am not sure on this one.
0 x