Reverse Gear Grinding....

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
cla_martin
New User
New User

Re: Reverse Gear Grinding....

Post by cla_martin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:20 am

rjc_147 wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:06 am
Oh dear, not good, I would push for some sort of compensation or good will from MB for being without the car for so long. Maybe free servicing in the future.
I've logged it with MB Customer Services who have advised they want to offer some sort of compensation but priority is getting the car sorted and back to me. Free servicing is a good shout through!
0 x
Current: Polaris silver CLA with night pack, memory seats, AMG Leather, Logic 7. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Previous: Nissan 350z, Audi TT, VW Eos, Seat Leon Cupra R, Caterham 7.

cla_martin
New User
New User

Re: Reverse Gear Grinding....

Post by cla_martin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 am

So, today marks 6 weeks since the car went in for a replacement speaker and I'm no wiser as to when the car will be returned. After fitting the car back together and road testing, it was decided that it wasn't shifting gears properly, software updated to no avail, logs sent to MB in Germany who advised to change the clutch. Clutch change finished on Monday (2 weeks after MB advised it needed to be done) road tested on Tuesday - still not shifting gears properly, more logs to be sent to Germany. Logs now with senior AMG technician in Affalterbach to review and advise on course of action. I've also been advised, they may need to send a "flying doctor" from Affalterbach to assist and worst case scenario, ship the car back to Germany... Fed up with the situation is an understatement and rejection of the car is a real possibility.
0 x
Current: Polaris silver CLA with night pack, memory seats, AMG Leather, Logic 7. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Previous: Nissan 350z, Audi TT, VW Eos, Seat Leon Cupra R, Caterham 7.