Static/Electrical noise neart front passenger

Have a problem with your A45? Or just want to get some technical advice? Here's the place!
MozeyPanda
A45 Novice
A45 Novice

Static/Electrical noise neart front passenger

Post by MozeyPanda » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:49 am

Hi all,

I got this weird issue where it's located around the front passenger's door pin/seat belt, there is this what I describe an electrical static sound. It's either due to water or something else. Anyone heard of this or facing this?

I would also add, it could be the speaker also. It's a buzzing sound. It's not an insect lol.

Thanks,
Mo
0 x

smokey
New User
New User

Re: Static/Electrical noise neart front passenger

Post by smokey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:20 am

I don't wish to alarm you but I found this the other day looking to see if I had any recall notices (as the car is new to me and I had no idea if it has been recalled for them or not).
It doesn't sound like the same issue as yours is from the passenger side but I thought it might be worth mentioning.

Mercedes-Benz A-Class (2011 - 2017)
Production: XI. 2011 - VII. 2017 | Problems / tags: accident airbag 

8. 12. 2017
Problem Description
The steering column is not sufficiently earthed. As a result, in the event of an electrostatic discharge, the driver’s airbag may be triggered when not required. This could cause an accident.
The recall affects vehicles produced between 11/2011 and 07/2017.
Source: Alert 49/2017 A12/1733/17
0 x
2015 AMG A45, Northern Lights Violet, 19" AMG Alloy Wheels, AMG Exclusive Pack, AMG Memory Pack, COMAND NTG4.7, Panoramic Sliding Sunroof, Privacy Glass, AUTOWATCH Ghost.

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:31 pm

MozeyPanda wrote:Hi all,

I got this weird issue where it's located around the front passenger's door pin/seat belt, there is this what I describe an electrical static sound. It's either due to water or something else. Anyone heard of this or facing this?

I would also add, it could be the speaker also. It's a buzzing sound. It's not an insect lol.

Thanks,
Mo
Mo it could be the same as what I have & it’s just rattling inside the passenger door. When you’re driving and it happens get your passenger (or lean across and do it yourself) to put pressure on the door card & see if it stops

I might take the door apart on mine & add some sort of sound deadening
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

rjc_147
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by rjc_147 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:45 am

It could be the B pillar were the seat belt adjuster is, I had a buzzing noise and thought it was the door trim. Fitted some felt between the B pillar plastic and adjuster plastic to fix it.
0 x
FL A45 Mountain Grey | Premium pack | AMG Exclusive pack